The material contained herein is subject to change. All open positions offered by the DeKalb County School District are subject to specific job requirements. The DeKalb County School District is an equal opportunity employer, and all hiring decisions are subject to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
Title: Director, Facility Plan/SPLOST
Under general direction, the Director of Facility Plan/SPLOST oversees student enrollment forecasting, capital planning support, real asset acquisition, inventory of facilities and real property, geographic information systems, and public communications with the community and local governments. The position directly supervises the operational planning and facility support services at the central office. The individual in this role must be a team player, able to stay calm under pressure while balancing multiple demands, maintain strong relationships with other directors and senior staff and continuously improved process, procedures and practices act to get things done in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Tasks and responsibilities will be in concurrence with implementing the Strategic Plan and Aligned Management System. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Manages the planning information and geographic information systems for projecting student enrollments and the space needs of students.
• Provides data support for decisions regarding allocation of school resources and identifying, targeting, and prioritizing short and long range capital improvement needs.
• Manages all aspects of land acquisition.
• Manages data systems to track information relevant to student enrollment projections including zoning changes, planned residential development, migration patterns and private school enrollment; Maintains effective working relationships with city and county planning departments to facilitate sharing of such information.
• Develops formulas to project short and long-term enrollment within the DeKalb County School District, individual clusters, and individual schools.
• Works with community groups to revise school boundaries as warranted due to the construction of new schools, overcrowding, shifts in enrollment, or other factors.
• Assists school principals and central office staff in examining trends in student data for purposes of school-based planning, departmental planning, and program evaluation.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in business/public administration, urban planning, engineering, or closely related area from a Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university is required.
• Master’s degree in business/public administration or closely related area from a Professional Standards Commission approved accredited college or university is preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years supervisory-level work experience in a school environment conducting related planning activities, or closely related experience, is required. General knowledge of K-12 school operations preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
• American Institute of City Planning (AICP) certification and/or Program Management Professional (PMP), or equivalent preferred.
• Upon selection, must obtain American Institute of City Planning (AICP) designation, within one-year of employment.
• Extensive work experience (5+ years) may be considered to substitute for certificate requirement.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
(1) Select a job posting via the PATS website at https://pats.dekalbschoolsga.org; (2) Complete an on-line application; and (3) Submit the required documents. Please check your “To Do List” for a list of requirements. Documents underlined in blue can be attached. All other documents must be submitted to The Division of Human Capital Management