The material contained herein is subject to change. All open positions offered by the DeKalb County School District are subject to specific job requirements. The DeKalb County School District is an equal opportunity employer, and all hiring decisions are subject to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
Title: Specialist I, Technology
Under direct supervision, provides district-wide Technical Support for the distribution and installation of software, upgrades, patches, and imaging; provides district-wide maintenance, inventory, and problem diagnosis of workstations, printers, servers, and all associated technical equipment for School Nutrition Services.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Provides technical support for the successful operation of School Nutrition Services in compliance with Federal/State meal accountability regulations: hardware, local area networks, software applications, terminals, pin pads, computers, point of sale equipment, printers and servers; support and manage computer hardware maintenance replacement requests for local School Nutrition programs.
• Provides remote and on-site hardware, software, and network support and training.
• Conducts onsite accountability training for School Nutrition personnel.
• Analyzes and resolves computer hardware and software problems and assures that all services, systems, and networks are online and operational and reviews help desk tickets.
• Assists School Nutrition Administration with the development of School Nutrition Services Request for Proposal (RFP) for hardware and software applications.
• Collaborates with Information Technology to create jobs as needed on the SQL server to perform recurring tasks (restore databases, expire users, etc.) and maintain server environments.
• Monitors jobs on the servers for job failures and research as needed; maintain and run SQL queries while monitoring SQL Databases for errors and performance.
• Maintains School Nutrition Services Business Continuity Plan (Disaster Recovery)
• Provides recommendations to SNS Executive Director for hardware and software requests to purchase and install hardware or software; researches and suggests best practices, and vendor recommendations.
• Supports School Nutrition district-wide toner issuance and support Toner Recycling Program.
• Develops training curriculum on cashiering, data management, production records, reports, and updates to School Nutrition Services Software applications; facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instructions, virtual training, and one-on-one training.
• Maintains Help Desk support tool to address issues and concerns submitted by School level or Central Office personnel.
• Maintains School Nutrition Services website updates and content as warranted.
• Process and manages donations received from outside sources to support students.
• Process and approves student refund and balance transfer requests for School Nutrition Services via Financial Services software applications.
• Communicates with staff, parents, students through telephone calls, email and or correspondence. Assists with answering customer service-related requests.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent completed college coursework closely related area from an approved accredited college or university preferred.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in computer/information technology systems support or closely related area required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
• CompTIA A+ and Microsoft Office Certification desired.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
(1) Select a job posting via the PATS website @ pats.dekalbschoolsga.org; (2) Complete an on-line application; and (3) Submit the required documents. Please check your “To Do List” for a list of requirements. Documents underlined in blue can be attached. All other documents must be submitted to Human Resources.