The material contained herein is subject to change. All open positions offered by the DeKalb County School District are subject to specific job requirements. The DeKalb County School District is an equal opportunity employer, and all hiring decisions are subject to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
Title: Technician I, Free & Reduced Records
Under direct supervision, supports the Free & Reduced Supervisor with: processing DeKalb County School District Free & Reduced Applications, certifying Community Eligibility Programs (CEP), maintains records for Administrative Reviews/Audits in accordance with Federal and State regulations and monitor CEP accountability at the school level. Provides technical support for SNS Managers as needed.
The following duties are representative for this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Assists with processing F&R applications, maintain Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) data and resources and provides technical support at school level, as needed.
• Conducts onsite school visits to ensure compliance of Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) / State approved accountability procedures.
• Collects all applicable paperwork daily and adheres to established Free & Reduced Scanning Office record keeping procedures. Facilitates the daily and annual routing and storage of pertinent Federal and State files.
• Initiates processing of Free & Reduced Applications including verifying data accuracy. Performs verification of Free & Reduced Applications. Conducts other internal control duties pertaining to Free & Reduced Application accountability.
• Administers State Regulatory Free and Reduced and CEP training to school personnel.
• Communicates with staff, parents, students through telephone calls, email and or correspondence. Assists Supervisor with answering customer service related requests. Assists Free & Reduced Supervisor and Central Office leadership with administrative duties during start-up, summer and end of year.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Minimum of three (3) years clerical/technical accounting, bookkeeping, purchasing or closely related experience and demonstration of proficiency necessary to perform the duties for the position.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
• Microsoft Office Certification desired.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
(1) Select a job posting via the PATS website at https://pats.dekalbschoolsga.org; (2) Complete an on-line application; and (3) Submit the required documents. Please check your “To Do List” for a list of requirements. Documents underlined in blue can be attached. All other documents must be submitted to The Division of Human Capital Management