The material contained herein is subject to change. All open positions offered by the DeKalb County School District are subject to specific job requirements. The DeKalb County School District is an equal opportunity employer, and all hiring decisions are subject to federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
Title: Regional Compliance Supervisor
Under general supervision, monitors/implements DeKalb County School District’s (DCSD) policies and procedures and provides leadership regarding child nutrition, food quality, and food service.
The following duties are representative of this position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the classification if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment for this classification. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations, and provides school level support training and supervision.
• Directs and monitors school level food safety plan, sanitation program and practices in compliance with federal and state regulations, in addition to DeKalb Board of Health incorporating principles of Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP).
• Completes annual reviews on timely basis and other monthly monitoring tools as assigned.
• Monitors compliance of assigned schools to include breakfast, lunch, after school snacks, A La Carte sales and supper program; marketing, program accountability, equipment inventory and use of technology. Provides a written summary to school Principal and School Nutrition Leadership.
• Provides leadership to support the District’s menus, wellness policy and regulations.
• Complies with inventory guidelines to effectively manage inventory systems and school level food ordering.
• Prepares a wide variety of documentation (e.g. cumulative meal counts, budget reports, reconciliation reports, cash summary, time sheets, etc.) for the purpose of providing written support and/or conveying information to Principals, State/Federal entities, Community partners and stakeholders.
• Ensures financial cost control compliance and managerial reporting of assigned schools.
• Provides onsite technical assistance and training for managers and foodservice assistants.
• Analyzes assigned food service operations and provides monthly reports on operation efficiency.
• Implements and maintains training, licensure and professional development programs for regional schools.
• Implements school nutrition training materials and lesson plans for employee training to ensure completion of annual state training hours defined by Professional Standards.
• Facilitates state training-in depth courses for managers and employees.
• Evaluates and reviews staffing allocations for assigned schools.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by use of technology, attending required educational workshops and review of professional publications.
• Demonstrates effectiveness and professionalism in written and verbal communication.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree in Home Economics, Dietetics, Food and Nutrition or closely related area is required. Master’s degree preferred. Registered Dietitian preferred.
• Minimum three (3) years of food service experience or closely related experience AND three (3) years supervisor/management experience required.
• Experience in management of child nutrition programs preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, PERMITS:
• ServSafe Certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment and renewed every five years.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
(1) Select a job posting via the PATS website @ pats.dekalbschoolsga.org; (2) Complete an on-line application; and (3) Submit the required documents. Please check your “To Do List” for a list of requirements. Documents underlined in blue can be attached. All other documents must be submitted to Human Resources.